In New York

In New York
Rochsmefeller

Tuesday 1 November 2011

A different stress is as good as a rest?

Not sure I should adopt the above as a personal maxim but it feels like it might just have adopted me! As you may know, I started a new post in work three months ago and it's been a stressful time.  I feel like I'm getting to grips with it now. But there's so much to do in three days!! I can honestly say that at work I really don't think about things at home at all. There just isn't time. Then home I come for my 'days off'. I love those days and especially at this time of year, when I can enjoy the garden with its autumn colours and scents - that crisp smoky air.  A time of pumpkin soup and crunchy apples!

Last Friday at work I felt on top of things and buzzed through my 'to-do' list, but stayed late to do it. Friday is a good day to stay late at work as Roch goes into work on a Friday and out for a few bevies afterwards with his mates. But by the time I made it home I was a lifeless shadow of my usual self and took to my bed with the stirrings of a migraine, leaving the lads to Chinese takeaway...

It meant that although on Saturday I woke blessedly free of headache after a long undisturbed sleep, I was weary and under par for the next two days.  I didn't feel quite as on top of things at home - not the way I like it. So, clearly haven't got the balance right yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment