In New York

In New York
Rochsmefeller

Sunday 9 January 2011

'Nobody Knows'

Recently, a friend of Roch's read my entire blog at one sitting. He told Roch that it made him feel guilty because he had had no idea things had been so tough for us. First of all, thank you so much for reading my blog - I was touched and delighted that you stuck with it to the last post and secondly -please don't feel guilty. We don't talk to our friends about how tough it is. We want people to enjoy our company! To illustrate my point, I want to share a little story with you...
There was once a woman who had had a very sad life. She herself was always keen to share her experiences with anyone who would listen. At first kindly friends and neighbours meeting this woman in the street would ask her how she was. The woman's answer always began in the same way 'Nobody knows,' she would say, 'Nobody knows how I suffer,' and she would commence a litany of complaints and moans -until the time came when people crossed the street to avoid her and she was known throughout the neighbourhood as 'Nobody knows'. That, my friends, is a true story.
The point? Well, that woman may have had a hard life and she may have felt she had a right to moan and complain, but her friends and neighbours got sick of hearing about it, and I don't blame them. Who wants doom and gloom all the time?
Roch and I don't want to be the new 'Nobody knows'. Sure, sometimes we're down and we might have a bit of a rant in private. Tears have been shed but we still know how to enjoy ourselves and have a laugh. We're not going to visit our woes on the unwary well wisher. I try to make this blog as honest as I can. So if you want to know the latest, and you want to see how we are, have a read here, I promise I'll update it more frequently (now there's a New Year Resolution for you).
Gerry, thanks for stopping by, hope to see you again sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment