In New York

In New York
Rochsmefeller

Tuesday 5 June 2012

Notes from 2nd June 2012

Ska night at the Irish Centre

We had such a good time last night. We went to the Irish Centre in Hammersmith, to a Ska night there. I surprised myself by dancing! I thought about it before taking to the floor. There was a time when Roch would have been amongst the first to get up and dance (as I write an image comes to mind, a young, blonde, extremely thin Roch, full of wiry energy and the life and soul of the party - dancing til the small hours). It’s a lovely memory and it makes me sad and angry too, to think that for Roch, dancing has been relegated to the country of last times - but he is still the life and soul of any party. Last night he was the centre of our group and when I was sure he had lots of company, I ventured onto the floor. I’m glad I did because it was great fun and I know he was proud of me for getting up to dance, and glad I could do it without him. He’s that kind of guy.
Star trekking at Ska night
"Live long, and prosper."

No comments:

Post a Comment