In New York

In New York
Rochsmefeller

Wednesday 12 November 2014

Wheelchair Candy

I said October was a good month for me. This is not just because of Boston, but also because I enjoyed some literary success! Carers UK ran a creative writing competition and announced the results in October. My story was highly commended. The theme of the competition was Caring with special emphasis on Friends and Family. That theme caught at my heart and it seemed to me that the story I wrote appeared on the page before me, almost fully formed. I wanted somehow to get across to my reader how being a carer to someone who is also a partner impacts on your relationship and how sometimes it’s easy to forget who you are and why you are together.

Here is a link to the competition results and I would urge you to read all the winning stories and poems as well as the highly commended entries. Many thanks to Carers UK for the opportunity to tell my story and for publishing ‘Wheelchair Candy’ on their website as a ‘highly commended’ entry.

http://www.carersuk.org/how-you-can-help/writing-competition




No comments:

Post a Comment