In New York

In New York
Rochsmefeller

Monday 10 May 2010

I will diminish and go into the West

Today Roch told me about the person he misses the most. Himself. He misses the Roch who was strong, who could 'do' things, who could walk fast, the Roch who could run. The Roch with strength in his hands.

He quoted a line from 'The Lord of the Rings',
"I will diminish, and go into the West..."
Galadriel says this after she resists the ring of power.

Your strength is diminishing, yes, I said, but remember the rest of that line.

"I will diminish, and go into the West...and remain Galadriel."

Roch will remain Roch, the essence of Roch will remain unchanged. He will be the same person and yes, he will diminish, his physical powers will leave him but nothing can ever diminish the essence of Roch.

No comments:

Post a Comment